July 4, 2008

The CUTEST Mom in the World--"WTF"

Take that everyone! I do indeed have the most adorable mom on the planet!

I was hanging out with my family watching season one of Project Runway. If any of you have watched this particular season, most of the contestants drop the "F" Bomb regularly. After an especially exploding segment, I made a crack about the potty mouths and my mom chuckled.

She said that just recently she had read an article in the newspaper about how NC had to recall 10,000 license plates. What about these plates caused such a stir? Well, the first three letters on these thousands of tags just happened to be "WTF". So Raleigh's only recourse was to take back all the offending tags and issue new ones.

My Mom was confused. What did "WTF" stand for and how offensive could it be to amount to the cost of fixing the screw up. She thought and thought, but could not come up with what "WTF" possibly meant.

What could she do to track down the meaning behind these naughty initials. She could ask the ladies in her Sunday School Class. She could pull out her cell phone and call her two daughters. She could ask one of the many business owners she talks to everyday. She could have done any number of things to discover the answer to her query, but being the resourceful and tech-savvy lady that she is...She googled it!

AND BOY DID SHE FIND OUT WHAT IT MEANT!

3 comments:

The Singlers said...

Lee - your mom is SO cute!!!! Thanks for the laugh in the midst of unpacking chaos!

Unknown said...

so great! "and that, children, is why you should never blindgoogle."

Scott, Bri, Elijah, Abigail said...

Alright... its been too long. I keep stopping by to see how you guys are doing! I know you're busy, but I need a Simmons' update fix.