January 25, 2008

A Sweet Heart Makes Throwing Up a Bit Better

Our Family has been sick with a stomach bug over the last week. Gareth started throwing up first, then Josh, then my sister, Joy, and finally last night I started feeling gross around 9. Sure enough, just after 1 a.m. I woke up and spent much of the night on the bathroom floor.
This morning I was lying in bed drained and achy when Cecilia woke up and came into our room to see if we were awake and to say good morning.
"Good morning Cecilia" I replied, "Mom doesn't feel well this morning. I'm sick. I've been throwing up all night."
When she heard this she instantly got this look of concern on her face and said, "OH NO Mommy! You need me to tickle your back. That will make you feel better." And with that she climbed up in the bed with me and tickled my back for two to three minutes.
Later in the day when I was able to get up and come into the living room for a while, Cecilia asked me how I felt and then came over to feel if I had a fever. With her little hand on my forehand she said dramatically, "OH YES! You do have a fever! Oh no!" Then she gave me a kiss on my forehead.
Our daughter's sweet heart made my sick day much more bearable.

A Picture of Cecilia and I at Natural Bridge, VA

No comments: