March 26, 2008

Mind-Bending Quote of the Day

When I say, "I am not afraid to fail," it makes me cringe. Of course I am afraid. I will continue to experience embarrassment and to believe that I've done things inappropriately. I'm certain I will hurt again, both when I give and when I receive. But when I change "I am not afraid to fail" to "I am fearless of failure"--aha! Now I can tap into the eternal plan and live in light of the great beyond. In Christ, I can be fearless of failure because not only is there no fear in him, there is no failing. He is always successful, and he turns my stumbling into his victory. I am fearless of failure because my blunders have no power, no meaning. Christ's victory has meaning and power. My failings exist; they are real, but they define neither me nor Christ. My failings can be forgiven and redeemed. So I risk being a creative instrument of Christ. It's worth it.

Alice Bass

The Creative Live: A Workbook for Unearthing the Christian Imagination

2 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Very inspiring! This really brings things into perspective.