March 7, 2008

The Underbelly of Being Pregers

One of the worst side affects of my pregnancies is that by the end I start having disturbing dreams and nightmares a few times a week. If you notice when I'm posting this you will see that I am up in the middle of the night, because tonight it was a full out horrific nightmare that left me unable to sleep. I won't go into detail this time (smile--see the post "Notes from a Cowering Evangelist: A Nightmare"), but needless to say I am pretty frustrated. I try to wake Josh up on the really bad nights, but he barely stirs enough to say dreamily, "Oh, honey (yawn) I'm so sorry." As he rolls over and goes back off to blissful sleep. So between the dreaming and waking up a few times to use the bathroom and the back pain, it is no wonder that I feel the need to take two naps a day.

If I were a bit more spiritual I would probably see how the Lord is moving toward me in this place of extreme exhaustion. I would relish the quite and solitude time to spend in the Word or in meditative prayer, but instead I think I'll just continue my Agatha Christie novel. Go Miss Marple, Go! Or I could catch up on that America's Next Top Model Marathon I DVRed. Which one shall I choose?

No comments: